Sunday, December 27, 2015

Breitbart: Democrat Turmoil: Bernie Sanders Adviser Claims DNC Planted a Rogue Staffer to Steal Clinton Data

By Allum Bokhari, Dec. 27, 2015, Breitbart

An anonymous adviser to Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) has alleged that the recent data breach of Clinton voter data was a false-flag attack staged by the DNC.

Controversy erupted last week after it emerged that the National Data Director for the Sanders campaign, Josh Uretsky, accessed compromised voter data belonging to Hillary Clinton’s campaign. NGP VAN, the company that works closely with the DNC to manage voter data for both the Clinton and Sanders campaigns suffered a software bug related to Clinton’s data, which was taken advantage of by Uretsky. He was promptly fired by the Sanders campaign once his alleged transgression had been revealed.

Now, in explosive claims, an unnamed Sanders adviser has alleged to Yahoo News that Uretsky was recommended to the Sanders campaign by the DNC themselves.

More: www.breitbart.com

Fox News Insider: Trump on Sexism Charges: 'We Have to Fight Fairly,' Hillary 'Playing the Woman's Card'

Saturday, December 26, 2015

FPI: Obama Administration Lowlights and New Year’s Greeting for 2016

Monday, December 21, 2015

Fox News: Clinton claim on ISIS using Trump videos to recruit panned by fact-checkers

By Fox News, Dec. 21, 2015

Hillary Clinton’s claim that the Islamic State is using videos of Donald Trump to recruit more fighters is being panned by fact-checkers – and sharply challenged by Trump himself.

As might be expected, the Republican front-runner fired back Sunday at the former secretary of state’s claim from Saturday’s debate.

“It's nonsense. It's just another Hillary lie. She lies like crazy about everything,” Trump said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

Clinton alleged during the debate in New Hampshire that Trump is becoming “ISIS’ best recruiter.”

“They are going to people showing videos of Donald Trump insulting Islam and Muslims in order to recruit more radical jihadists,” she said.


CBS: Obama: ISIS "not an organization that can destroy" America

By Rena Flores, Dec. 21, 2015, CBS News

Just weeks after the shooting in San Bernardino, President Obama is seeking to downplay the reach and impact of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), saying America's strength is "not threatened" by the extremist group.

"This is not an organization that can destroy the United States," Mr. Obama told NPR in an interview released Monday. "This is not a huge industrial power that can pose great risks to us institutionally or in a systematic way."

The president was quick to add: "They can hurt us, and they can hurt our people and our families. And so I understand why people are worried."

"They've shown in Paris what they can do in an organized fashion, and in San Bernardino what we've seen is their ability to proselytize for their perverted brand of Islam and spur small-scale terrorist attacks," Mr. Obama said. "And those are very difficult to detect, so it is going to be important for us to be vigilant."


Sunday, December 20, 2015

SNL Republican Debate Mocks Blitzer, Has Trump Calling Jeb "Little Girl Loser"

Saturday, December 19, 2015

CBS: How to watch Tonight's Democratic debate

Alex Wong/ Getty
By CBS News, Dec. 18, 2015

On Saturday night, the Democratic presidential candidates will gather at St. Anselm College in Manchester, New Hampshire, for their third primary debate.

Watch CBSN for coverage of the third Democratic debate

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, and former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley will take the stage at 8pm ET for the ABC News-hosted debate, the final one of 2015. The network is also partnering with the New Hampshire Union Leader, one of the state's largest and most influential papers, for coverage of the debate.

Heading into the debate, Hillary Clinton is leading the pack by wide margins, with Sanders trailing the former secretary of state by 31 points in a new ABC News/Washington Post poll.

Going into the debate the Sanders campaign was dealing with a data breach controversy that involved a Sanders staffer accessing confidential Clinton voter data.

More: www.cbsnews.com

NBC: Military: Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl to Be Arraigned Tuesday at Fort Bragg

By Halimah Abdullah, Dec. 17, 2015, NBC News

Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl will be arraigned Tuesday at Fort Bragg, N.C., U.S. military officials said Thursday.

Bergdahl, who is facing a court-martial, was captured by the Taliban after he left his post in Afghanistan in June 2009. He was released in May in a prisoner swap for five Taliban commanders held at the U.S. naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

The Army began its investigation after Bergdahl was returned to Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas, where he's been working a desk job. 


Fox News: Obama digs in on plan to close Guantanamo prison camp

By Fox News, Dec. 18, 2015

President Obama doubled down Friday on his push to shutter the Guantanamo Bay prison camp, calling it a magnet for “jihadi recruitment” and vowing to present his closure plan to Congress -- while keeping his cards close to the vest on whether he’d try to use executive action to finish the job.

The president addressed his plans at a year-end press conference at the White House, before heading to Hawaii for his annual family vacation. With the Guantanamo push standing as a major piece of unfinished business going into his final year in office, Obama was asked about his strategy.

Obama said he’ll present Congress with his plan, and argued that the camp remains one of the “key magnets for jihadi recruitment.”

“For us to close it is part of our counterterrorism strategy,” Obama said.


CBS News: Data dispute rips open Democrats' race before debate

By CBS News, Dec. 19, 2015

There's a civil war inside the Democratic Party.

Hillary Clinton is accusing Bernie Sanders' campaign of theft, saying the Vermont senator's aides stole millions of dollars' worth of voter data held by the Democratic National Committee.

The breach of information led to a suspension for the Sanders campaign, which then sued the DNC, but late Friday night, a deal was reached to clear up the messahead of Saturday night's Democratic debate.

CBS News' Julianna Goldman reports this dispute has laid bare tensions between the DNC and the Sanders campaign that had been simmering for months.

The Sanders campaign is accusing party officials of trying to undermine his campaign and to help Clinton.

Sanders' campaign cried foul on Friday, calling the suspension of its access to voter data "a death sentence" that would cost it $600,000 a day in lost donations.


Thursday, December 17, 2015

Calvina Fay, Executive Director, Drug Free America Foundation Appears on The Seth Leibsohn Show to discuss new Monitoring The Future Report on Marijuana Use and Abuse



Drug Free America Foundation, Inc. is a national and international drug policy organization promoting sound drug policies, education and prevention. www.dfaf.org.

Monday, December 14, 2015

CNN: Cruz surges in GOP race, challenging Trump ahead of debate

By Fox News, Dec. 14, 2015

Firebrand Sen. Ted Cruz is surging in the Republican primary race and effectively replacing Ben Carson as Donald Trump’s biggest threat as several polls show him claiming the front-runner mantle in Iowa.

The field shake-up comes ahead of the last GOP primary debate of the year, set for Tuesday, and appears to be stoking tensions between the Texas senator and billionaire businessman.

A Fox News Poll released Sunday showed Cruz edging Trump in Iowa, 28-26 percent among likely caucus-goers. The poll was taken Dec. 7-10, and had a margin of error of 4.5 percentage points.

Cruz registered an even larger lead in a Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Politics poll, opening up a 10-point advantage over Trump in the same state. This would mark a 21-point surge since the last poll by the same outfit.

Cruz’ momentum is not isolated to Iowa, either. A Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll showed Cruz rising to 22 percent – up from 10 percent in October – and pulling just behind Trump’s 27 percent nationally.

The surveys mark a big shift from just a few weeks ago, when Carson, the soft-spoken retired neurosurgeon, was emerging as Trump’s biggest threat. But Carson faced questions about his experience and policy knowledge, and senators like Cruz and Florida’s Marco Rubio have since climbed.


Saturday, December 12, 2015

Sacramento Bee: Secretary of state hits California’s ‘Frankenstein monster’ campaign finance database

Secretary of State Alex Padilla
Source: SacBee
By Jeremy B. White, Dec. 11, 2015, Sacramento Bee

California’s online database for tracking campaign donations and lobbying dollars is in dire need of a “complete rebuild,” Secretary of State Alex Padilla told lawmakers on Friday.

“The guts of Cal Access and how it’s built and how it has evolved leaves much to be desired,” Padilla said during a Senate hearing on campaign finance. “From a technical, a coding standpoint it’s often referred to as a Frankenstein monster of code.”

Journalists and transparency advocates have for years faulted the clunky database, saying it impedes efforts to track influence. Padilla embraced those criticisms and said the state needs to overhaul the database and move from an outdated, paper-based system to a digital-first version.

“We’re doing our best with duct tape and rubber bands,” Padilla said. “We need a new Cal Access. No more band-aids, no more glossy polish. We need a complete rebuild of the system.”


More: www.sacbee.com

The Detroit News: Carson threatens to leave Republican Party

By Steve Peoples, Dec. 11, 2015, The Detroit News

Washington — In what would be a nightmare scenario for the GOP, presidential candidate Ben Carson threatened Friday to leave the Republican Party amid reports of deepening concerns from GOP officials about the splintered 2016 electorate.

The retired neurosurgeon lashed out at Republican leaders who discussed the possibility of a “brokered convention” during a recent private dinner in Washington. The Washington Post first reported Thursday that the group, including Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, addressed the sustained strength of billionaire business Donald Trump and the possibility that a consensus nominee might not emerge before the party’s mid-July national convention in Cleveland.

“If this was the beginning of a plan to subvert the will of the voters and replace it with the will of the political elite, I assure you Donald Trump will not be the only one leaving the party,” said Carson, a Detroit native, in a statement that referenced Trump’s repeated threats to leave the GOP if treated “unfairly.”


Wednesday, December 9, 2015

President Obama Remarks on 150th Anniversary of the End of Slavery

Monday, December 7, 2015

Breitbart: While Obama Says No Guns For Those On No-Fly List, CNN Reports San Bernardino Attackers Not On ‘Any List’

AP
By Awr Hawkins, Dec. 6, 2015, Breitbart

During his December 6 terrorism address, President Obama urged Congress to act to be sure “no one on a no-fly list is able to buy a gun.”


He was speaking in light of the San Bernardino attack and the threat that Americans face going forward. His words came in light of reports that all the guns used in the attack were acquired “legally.”

Obama’s not-so-subtle suggestion was that those guns might not have been acquired if the no-fly list was part of the background check process.

Obama’s said:

Here at home we have to work together to address the challenge. There are several steps that Congress should take right away. To begin with, Congress should act to make sure no one on a no-fly list is able to buy a gun. What could possibly be the argument for allowing a terrorist suspect to buy a semiautomatic weapon? This is a matter of national security.

The problem with Obama’s push for the inclusion of the no-fly list into background checks is that the San Bernardino attackers—Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik—were not on the no-fly list, according to CNN. In fact, they were not on “any list” tied to potential terrorists in the U.S.

President Obama Addresses The Nation on Terrorism 12/6/2015 - 3rd Oval Office Remarks - [FULL SPEECH]

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Chicago Tribune: Emanuel backpedals on Justice Department probe of police

Bill Ruthhart, Dec. 3, 2015, Chicago Tribune

Mayor Rahm Emanuel backpedaled on his opposition to a possible U.S. Justice Department review of the city’s police tactics on Thursday, issuing a statement saying he is now open to such an investigation.

Emanuel’s reversal comes after Hillary Clinton’s campaign indicated Wednesday night that the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination would call for a federal investigation of the Chicago Police Department. A Clinton campaign spokesman said the candidate was “deeply troubled” by the Laquan McDonald shooting that has left a Chicago police officer charged with murder in the shooting, which was caught on police video.

Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan first called for a Justice Department civil rights investigation, writing a letter Tuesday to U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch to launch a federal review, because “trust in the Chicago Police Department is broken.”

On Wednesday morning, Emanuel said such an investigation would be “misguided” and said the focus should remain on the federal investigation into the McDonald shooting.

But on Thursday morning, Emanuel issued a statement, changing his position.


Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Fox News: Top military officer contradicts Obama, says ISIS not 'contained'

Gen. Joseph Dunford
By Fox News, Dec. 1, 2015

America’s top-ranking military officer found himself at odds Tuesday with the nation’s commander-in-chief over his claim that the Islamic State was “contained” – an assertion President Obama had made before the Paris terror attacks.

Gen. Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, gave a dim assessment when asked during a House Armed Services Committee hearing whether that's the case.

“We have not contained ISIL currently,” Dunford told Rep. Randy Forbes, R-Va.

The answer runs counter to the claim made by Obama last month in an ABC News interview when asked about the status of the anti-ISIS campaign.

“I don't think they're gaining strength. What is true is that from the start our goal has been first to contain, and we have contained them. They have not gained ground in Iraq. And in Syria, they'll come in, they'll leave, but you don't see this systematic march by ISIL across the terrain,” Obama said.