Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Blaze: Dinesh D’Souza Faces Off With Bill Ayers in Debate — and Stings Him With One Devastating Response

By Oliver Darcy, Feb. 3, 2015, The Blaze



More: www.theblaze.com

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Politico: Jimmy Carter: I'd pick Trump over Cruz

By Eliza Collins, Feb. 3, 2016, Politico

Jimmy Carter would pick Donald Trump over Ted Cruz, but he doesn't think Trump will make it that far.

“I think I would choose Trump, which may surprise some of you,” the former Democratic president said during an appearance at Britain’s House of Lords on Wednesday afternoon. He was asked who he would pick for the GOP nomination.

“The reason is, Trump has proven already he’s completely malleable,” Carter explained. “I don’t think he has any fixed [positions] he’d go the White House and fight for. On the other hand, Ted Cruz is not malleable..."

More: www.politico.com

The Washington Times: Ted Cruz’s Washington state campaign chairman quits amid questions about military record

By Jessica Chasmal, Feb 3, 2016, The Washington Times

A Washington state representative who also serves as statewide chairman for Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign has resigned from both positions amid accusations that he exaggerated his military service record.

“I volunteered to step down at the moment, because I don’t want these accusations to be a distraction to the candidate I hope to become president,” State Rep. Graham Hunt, a Republican, said in a statement last week.

After meeting with Republican leaders Tuesday afternoon, Mr. Huntannounced that he would also resign from the Legislature.

“I have always been open and forthright with the good people of the Second District who elected me, in an effort to affirm their faith and trust in our elected officials,” he wrote Tuesday on his campaign website. “It has become abundantly clear to me that I have much to improve upon in communicating more clearly, and understanding how my comments are received by others. None of us are without flaws, shortcomings, or mistakes. I take full responsibility for any errors I have made, and I fully accept the obligation to address them responsibly.”


CNN: Rick Santorum dropping presidential bid

By John King and Jeremy Diamond, Feb. 3, 2016, CNN

(CNN)Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum is ending his presidential bid, two Republican sources told CNN.

He is expected to make the announcement Wednesday night and will endorse a candidate.

Santorum won the 2012 Iowa caucuses and ended that race with the second-most number of delegates to eventually GOP nominee Mitt Romney. But he was unable to capture any momentum this year, despite extensive barnstorming efforts in Iowa.

He is the third Republican presidential candidate to drop out after Monday's caucuses. Mike Huckabee ended his campaign that night, and Rand Paul suspended his campaign Wednesday morning.


More: www.cnn.com

Politico: Rand Paul drops out of White House race

Credit: Gage Skidmore, Flikr
By Alex Isenstadt and Shane Goldmacher, Feb. 2, 2016, Politico

Rand Paul dropped out of the 2016 president race on Wednesday, short on cash and support, two days after finishing with under 5 percent in the Iowa caucuses — less than one quarter of the support his father had drawn four years earlier.

The Kentucky senator, who pitched his libertarian-infused brand of conservatism as transformational for the Republican Party, will exit the national stage and instead run for reelection to the Senate. His moment in the 2016 campaign never materialized.

“Brushfires of Liberty were ignited, and those will carry on, as will I,” Paul said in a statement.

Paul told senior staff about his decision on Tuesday. Other staff were notified Tuesday evening and the entire Paul campaign was told via a conference call on Wednesday morning at about 8:45, according to a campaign source. In that call the Kentucky senator talked about smaller government, continuing his fight for "liberty" and the Fourth Amendment.

More: www.politico.com

Monday, February 1, 2016

Ted Cruz Wins Iowa Caucuses


Thank you Iowa! This is OUR time. Join us: tedcruz.org
Posted by Ted Cruz on Monday, February 1, 2016

Top Right News: Donald Trump Just Released His Final Ad Before Iowa… And It’s EXPLODING on Facebook



Source: www.toprightnews.com

Newsmax: Quinnipiac Poll: Cruz Loses Ground in Iowa, Now 7 Points Behind Trump

By Dan Walters, Jan. 31, 2016, Newsmax

California’s state and local governments hit us with about $250 billion in taxes every year, $6,000-plus per Californian.

A new report from the Tax Founation, based on 2012 data, puts Californians’ tax burden at 11 percent of personal income, the fairest way to calculate and compare.

Whether that burden is too high, too low or about right is a matter of perpetual debate in political, media and academic circles.

It was the sixth-highest level of any state in 2012, but it had dropped from fourth in the 2011 rankings as the percentage also declined from 11.5 percent. It’s also consistent with the state’s level of taxation over the last several decades, according to the databank maintained by the Tax Foundation.

Just before the passage of Proposition 13, California’s iconic property tax limit, in 1978, state and local taxation was 12.2 percent of personal income, the nation’s fourth highest.

More: www.sacbee.com

Sunday, January 31, 2016

CBS: Democrats to appear at extra debate before New Hampshire primary

By Reena Flores, Jan. 31, 2016, CBS News

All three Democratic presidential candidates are expected to attend an extra debate in New Hampshire, just days ahead of the state's first-in-the-nation primary, according to debate host MSNBC.

The cable television network announced the details of the event Sunday, after nearly a week of infighting among the campaigns over whether more debates should be added to the packed primary schedule.

The forum will convene on Thursday, Feb. 4 at Durham's University of New Hampshire, starting at 9 p.m. ET. NBC News host Chuck Todd and MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow will moderate the debate.


Friday, January 29, 2016

Fox News: Official: Some Clinton emails 'too damaging' to release

EXCLUSIVE: The intelligence community has deemed some of Hillary Clinton’s emails “too damaging" to national security to release under any circumstances, according to a U.S. government official close to the ongoing review. A second source, who was not authorized to speak on the record, backed up the finding.

The determination was first reported by Fox News, hours before the State Department formally announced Friday that seven email chains, found in 22 documents, will be withheld “in full” because they, in fact, contain “Top Secret” information.

The State Department, when first contacted by Fox News about withholding such emails Friday morning, did not dispute the reporting – but did not comment in detail. After a version of this report was first published, the Obama administration confirmed to the Associated Press that the seven email chains would be withheld. The department has since confirmed those details publicly.

The decision to withhold the documents in full, and not provide even a partial release with redactions, further undercuts claims by the State Department and the Clinton campaign that none of the intelligence in the emails was classified when it hit Clinton's personal server.


Tweet Slams Hillary on Bias Against Women

The Hill: GOP debate winners and losers

By Niall Stanage, Jan. 29, 2016, The Hill

DES MOINES, Iowa — There was no last minute change of heart from Donald Trump, who held firm to his boycott of the Republican debate here on Thursday evening.

Despite suggestions that Trump might appear in the end, he went ahead with a separate event about three miles away, where he was joined by fellow presidential candidates Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum fresh from their appearance at the earlier “undercard” debate.

That left the seven candidates on the main stage trying to outdo each other while also seeking to land some punches on a phantom: the absent Trump.

With just four days left before the Iowa caucuses, how did it all shake out?

WINNERS

Businessman Donald Trump

The GOP front-runner was taking a big gamble by declining to participate in the debate. If one of his rivals — especially Ted Cruz — had hit a few pitches out of the park, Trump’s absence could have seemed like an act of gross political negligence.


Thursday, January 28, 2016

Rush Limbaugh: Trump Refuses to Play by the Rules

January 27, 2016

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Okay, where are we on the situation here with Trump and the debate? So far Trump says he's not showing up. He claims he's not showing up because Megyn Kelly is going to continue to be a moderator. And if you believe that, I can give you substantive reasons. And it's all in The Art of the Deal. Trump is not that hard to understand if you pay attention to him and read his books. In The Art of the Deal, one of the things that he makes a huge deal about is being able to know when to walk away and have the guts and the courage to do it.

Trump is so far outside the formula that has been established for American politics that people who are inside the formula can't comprehend it. They don't understand why somebody would want to venture so far outside it, because it is what it is, and there's a ladder of success that you have to climb. And somebody challenging it like this in more ways than one, as Trump is doing, has just got everybody experiencing every kind of emotion you can: They're angry, they are flabbergasted, they're shocked, they're stunned -- and all of it because he's leading.

Everything he's doing goes against the book. Everything that any analyst or consultant or professional would tell you not to do, Donald Trump is doing it, and he's leading the pack. This creates its own set of emotions and feelings and thoughts that run from person to person. Now, the political business, if you want to look at it that way, is like any other business. It has its people who are considered the elites in it -- and like any business, they hate outsiders. They don't want outsiders just storming in trying to take over, and much less succeeding at it.


Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Right Side Broadcasting: LIVE Stream: Donald Trump Rally in Lexington, SC (1-27-16) - 4:00pm PT

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The Columbus Dispatch: Report shows more than 200 potential human trafficking victims in Ohio last year

By Alan Johnson, Jan. 25, 2016, The Columbus Dispatch

Ohio law enforcement identified more than 200 potential human trafficking victims last year, 60 of them younger than 18, and successfully prosecuted 33 traffickers, a new report showed.

The Attorney General's Human Trafficking Commission's 2015 report released Monday reflects an increasing number of investigations, victims and arrests for something that wasn't even a crime in Ohio 10 years ago. The numbers rose from 2014 when 181 victims were identified, 98 traffickers arrested and 17 convicted.

Attorney General Mike DeWine said the rising numbers show law enforcement is learning about the crime. "I think there's more going on that is substantiated by these statistics.

"Human trafficking is in front of us, but many times we don't recognize that or understand that," DeWine said at a commission meeting.

The vast majority of the 203 cases in 2015 involved young, white, female sex trafficking victims, although three men were identified. The report said three victims were 12 and younger; four were 13; 23 were 14 and 15 years old; and 30 were 16 to 17 years old. The oldest person trafficked was more than 60 years old. There 79 white trafficking victims, 45 black victims, 46 victims listed as Asian; and 33 in which race was not identified.

The report showed 102 human trafficking investigations took place last year, resulting in 104 arrests and 33 criminal convictions. The numbers do not correlate with the number of victims identified because of timing issues.


More: www.dispatch.com

1 (888) 373-7888

National Human Trafficking Resource Center

SMS: 233733 (Text "HELP" or "INFO")
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
Languages: English, Spanish and 200 more languages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

CBS: Poll: Trump retakes IA lead, keeps big edge in NH, SC

By Anthony Salvanto, Fred Backus, Jennifer De Pinto, Sarah Dutton, Jan. 24, 2015, CBS News

Just over a week before the first votes are cast in the Iowa caucuses, Donald Trump has regained his lead over Texas Sen. Ted Cruz in the state of Iowa. Trump now holds a 5-point lead over the Texas Republican, with Florida Sen. Marco Rubio lagging far behind in third place.

In New Hampshire, the race remains unchanged at the top, with Trump holding a commanding double-digit lead over his two closest-but-still-distant rivals Cruz and Rubio, who are locked in a tight battle for second place. Further down, Ohio Gov. John Kasich has edged past New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie into fourth place.

Looking ahead to South Carolina, Trump continues to hold a double-digit lead over Cruz, his closest competitor in that state.


Thursday, January 21, 2016

Daily Caller: NBC Scrapped Story About Bill Clinton Rape Accuser Because She Didn’t Have ‘Anything New’ To Say

AP
By Chuck Ross, Jan. 15, 2016, Daily Caller

NBC News journalists — including veteran reporter Andrea Mitchell — conducted interviews last week with Juanita Broaddrick, the Arkansas woman who says Bill Clinton raped her in 1978, but decided not to go forward with a story, claiming that there was not “anything new” to report.

“When Juanita Broaddrick went public last week, NBC News sent an associate producer to Arkansas to see if there was anything new in her story. We established there was not, and decided not to pursue it any further,” an NBC spokesperson told BuzzFeed News.


Broaddrick, a 73-year-old retired nursing home administrator, spoke out on Twitter last Wednesday after 17 years of silence about the alleged rape.

More: www.dailycaller.com